“Emma came highly recommended and we certainly were not disappointed. Emma took the time to get to know us and what we wanted, this meant that our INSET was tailored exactly to our need. Delivery was engaging, inspiring and practical. Already we have seen improvements in the quality of teaching and learning outcomes for our pupils. In addition, Emma has continued to have an impact on learning in our school through access to excellent resources and support.” L. Pringle, Headteacher, Lincolnshire
Emma Rogers offers a range of professional development packages for teachers, schools, networks and local authorities.
Tailor-made packages of support can be designed with individual institutions, for example;
- Raising achievement in reading – Using strategies such as Guided reading, use of multi-modal texts, whole school reading projects and development of an engaging reading curriculum, schools will improve the overall quality of pupils’ reading, increase the range of texts and authors pupils are familiar with and improve pupils attitudes to, and enjoyment of, reading. This support package includes resources, professional development meetings and in-class support.
- Thinking through text – improving thinking skills and creativity in Literacy. This support package includes resources, training and in-class collaborative working to extend pupils thinking and critical approaches to texts and visual prompts, including picture books and film.
- Every Child a writer – support for clusters and networks of schools implementing the Every Child a writer programme. This includes support and training to ensure one to one tuition is effectively planned, taught and assessed.
- Collaborative coaching – developing effective coaching and lesson study models to influence and improve children’s learning. This package offers effective professional development for teachers at all stages of their career who wish to increase their reflectivity and expertise in teaching.
- Effective Guided writing – embedding guided writing into everyday classroom practice. This support package offers teachers the opportunity to consider the current support they offer to young writers and how this can be enhanced through targeted group intervention. Support with planning and implementation of Guided writing and effective strategies developed to enable teachers to use guided writing to support writers before, during and after the writing process. Read more about Effective Guided writing.
- Assessment for learning – Developing and embedding assessment for learning principles through strategies such as;
- Use of success criteria
- Formative marking, including peer and self assessment
- Dialogue and questioning
- This support package offers training and support to teachers to enable them to effectively plan for learning and use effective strategies to boost children’s participation in learning.