A practical exploration of reading and writing through film
During the day we will explore how film can be ‘read’ as well as ways in which film can be used as a model for writing and to develop understanding of grammatical terminology. We will practice making short films and simple animations to use in class and discuss how these can be developed for teaching and assessment.
The course is suitable for teachers with limited experience of using film or those wishing to brush up their film-making skills.
Teachers attending the day will;
- understand how to teach pupils to analyse short films and make links to written texts;
- recognise how film can be used to engage reluctant readers and writers;
- learn practical strategies for creating and editing short films and animations;
- discover simple ways to use ICT equipment readily available in class;
- consider how film can be used to develop greater depth in reading and writing
All teachers will leave the day with a toolkit of resources to use in their classroom.