A practical workshop for class teachers to create exciting English units to engage and inspire young readers and writers.
“Very enjoyable, first class technical knowledge disseminated.”
“Was great to take part in the outdoor learning demonstration.”
“It has really helped me to understand the learning process in a new year group. I look forward to making my Literacy sessions better and giving my children the chance to love to read and write.”
During the day I will model how to create an effective and exciting teaching sequence, following the NC programmes of study and using a range of creative teaching approaches.
Participants will explore ways to create a rich unit of work, including reading for pleasure, effective grammar teaching and writing for purpose and audience.
During the day we will;
• understand the requirements of the National Curriculum for English;
• create a teaching sequence for writing;
• learn creative approaches to reading, writing and drama;
• become familiar with high quality texts to inspire children and teachers.
All participants will receive a high quality text to use with their class as well
as the planning and resources necessary to teach an effective unit.
Due to the success of the Inspired teachers inspiring children course, I am repeating the non-fiction day which is open to all teachers.
- 23rd May 2017 – A course for teachers in Y1 and Y2
- 14th June – A course for teachers in Y3 and Y4
- 4th July – A course for teachers in Y5 and Y6
For further details please see the attached flier and booking form.
Courses in fiction and poetry in this series are also available. Details available on request.