A 3 day workshop for subject leaders, senior teachers and middle leaders to develop expertise in improving teaching and learning across the school.
During the 3 days we will explore a range of effective and practical ways to lead change across the school and overcome the challenges in delivering an outstanding English curriculum.
Teachers attending the workshops will;
- examine focussed approaches to monitoring and giving feedback
- understand how to use national and school data to identify priorities
- develop strategies to assess and evaluate reading across the school
- discover simple, efficient ways to monitor standards in writing
- be equipped to lead whole school development in English in order to raise children’s engagement and achievement
All participants will receive a set of high quality CPD materials to lead change in school as well as guidance materials and audit tools to support effective monitoring and action planning.
31st January – Day 1 The Subject leader role
Understanding your data and identifying priorities
Fostering a learning culture
7th March – Day 2 Leading reading
Monitoring reading and making accurate assessment judgements
Establishing effective reading environments
Raising the profile and value of reading
14th March – Day 3 Leading writing
Responding to writing – developing a whole school approach to feedback
Developing creative writing environments
Monitoring writing and making effective use of book scrutiny
Cost: £355 per delegate for 3 days including lunch and all resources.
The course will take place at The A. W. Robinson Classroom in the Woods in N E Lincolnshire.
To book your place, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the booking form below.